Re: laying the smack down

C. Dale (cdale@home.isolnet.com)
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 02:21:46 -0600 (CST)

Hi Chris.
I'm not any expert on flaming, only had a brief stint with a slightly
intelligent other-gender human on a BBS once. We ended up doing massive
drugs and having wild sex, but that was another timespace. So I'm no
expert. I just like to throw in a strange 2 cents occasionally since I
can't comment on most of the "totally boring tech bits" (tho i forward a
bit of it to friends now and again who might be interested, and there's so
much going on at RH that i'm afraid half the time I might be dishonoring
the NDA, so I just keep my mouth shut about all of it.) I just read the
most wonderful thing tho!:

This is from a short story by my favorite author, Flannnery O Connor:

The owner of a plantation is going on about a polish worker she has being
much better than the "white trash and niggers" she'd formerly hired. Her
white servant, Mrs. Shortley felt this way about it:

"Mrs. Shortley could listen to this with composure because she knew that
if Mrs. McIntyre had considered her trash, they couldn't have talked about
trashy people together."

That just cracks me up!
Cindy
P.S. Yeh, I miss the SotMESC (Spur of the Moment Elite Social Club) we had
back home on the BBSes. One day when teleporting is more efficient, we
can do that here. PIZZA ON TUESDAY, BE THERE OR MISS OUT ON OUR PRETTY
PRETTY FACES!