RE: Hey, Diva: an eBay market in plagiarised papers!

Tim Byars (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:28:08 -0800

--============_-1294059357==_ma============

At 2:19 PM -0800 1/30/99, Rohit Khare put forth the following:

> Every once in a while, spam actually emits a particle of humor.
>
> As for auctioning ill-gotten (or ill-intended) goods, why NOT put a Mob
>fence online, too?
> Dr. Kevokian could premier service resale on eBay...
>
> :-)
> Rohit
>
> PS. For a spammer, they have a fine choice of return address...
>

>> From: ebola4@excite.com
>> Subject: Text Books and Term Papers
>> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 02:47:38
>>

>> Don't throw away those old text books and term papers
>>
>> Sell them Online at: http://www.auction-land/papers
>>
>> The Worlds First Termpaper and Text Book Auction
>>

>> Free registration and listings - sell risk free.

I had this girlfriend that went to USC. One day I was at the Frat house
next door to her sorority house. They had a whole file cabinet full of term
papers/finals for courses. Of course someone somewhere isn't going to let
technology stand in the way of a degree. Last I heard a company was selling
this type of info on CDROM for $50. They were selling 2 - 3 million a year.

Tim

--

I want nothing less than the most. El Victor

<>tbyars@earthlink.net<> --============_-1294059357==_ma============ Content-Type: text/enriched; charset="us-ascii"

At 2:19 PM -0800 1/30/99, Rohit Khare put forth the following:

<excerpt>Every once in a while, spam actually emits a particle of humor.

<excerpt>From: ebola4@excite.com

Subject: Text Books and Term Papers

Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 02:47:38

Don't throw away those old text books and term papers

Sell them Online at: http://www.auction-land/papers

The Worlds First Termpaper and Text Book Auction

Free registration and listings - sell risk free.

</excerpt></excerpt>