Re: Compaq, DEC, Tandem, Altavista

Kragen Sitaker (kragen@pobox.com)
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 19:06:54 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> I was talking with Mike Duggan, directory for new
> ventures with Compaq, and he was talking about
> the Altavista spinoff. It turns out that they are going
> to annouce a spinoff of some part of the Tandem group
> the bought out last year (or the year before) that
> has to do with reliable computing or something.

Hmm. Is there a part of Tandem that *doesn't* have to do with reliable
computing?

Computers are the tools of the devil. It is as simple as that. There is no
monotheism strong enough that it cannot be shaken by Unix or any Microsoft
product. The devil is real. He lives inside C programs. -- philg@mit.edu