Begin forwarded message:

From: Joe Barrera <<joebar@MICROSOFT.com>

To: ernest@apple.com, "Wendy J. Mattson" <<posh@sirius.com>

[and the others Bay Area FoRKers]

Hey, it's not easy maintaining exponential growth over the long term.

Of course, in the LONG term we (Microsoft) will get screwed by the speed

of light, limiting growth to 1/r (assuming a sphere in space). I mean

that's not even linear growth. So I guess we really will have a chance

to get around to the easy-to-use stuff...

:-)

- Joe

Joseph S. Barrera III (joebar@microsoft.com)

http://research.microsoft.com/~joebar

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and do

not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation.