Re: FW: Amelio resigned

Rohit Khare (khare@w3.org)
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 18:50:06 -0400 (EDT)

> > From: Rohit Khare [SMTP:khare@w3.org]
> > They can't completely crash out.
>
> Is this any more than wishful thinking?
>
> What *is* there to keep them from collapsing into a Amiga-like black
> hole?

Unlike Amiga, a world-reknowned consumer brand name. As Guy Kawasaki
said, they could snatch leading marketshare in *televisions* if they
put a logo on it. And frankly, they can't end up smaller than NeXTSTEP
-- which is not a bad franchise at all, as the Web revolution moves
out of eclipsing the sun. IN this case, the massive fireball that says
"we don't know how to develop custom apps cheaply!" -- the
Objectologists will rise again, but after the millenium because of
this web detour.

RK