RE: Trellix

Joe Barrera (joebar@MICROSOFT.com)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 11:30:44 -0700

No, it doesn't seem like you're learning shit.

Do you have a browser? Do you know how to use it? How about a search
engine?

If so, then there's no excuse for posting questions like "um, what's
Gate's first name again"?

I'm not sure what your background is, but most of us are academics who
are used to doing a little bit of literature search before publishing
something. You don't publish a paper about RPC with a related work
section that says, "oh yeah, Bruce Nillson or something like that got a
master's thesis on RPC but I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but
I've heard that it's good so you probably want to check it out."

A similar (but appropriately scaled-down) standard applies to FoRK
posts.

It's not uncommon for me to do four or five web searches before posting
something on FoRK. That way I contribute bits to the common pool. Even
in my dumb Apple == USSR post
(http://xent.w3.org/FoRK-archive/july97/0238.html), I did several
searches to get the names and dates right. Similarly, in my dumb post
about the huge capacitors in IMSAI computers
(http://xent.w3.org/FoRK-archive/july97/0212.html) I searched around to
find supporting text and pictures.

- Joe

Joseph S. Barrera III (joebar@microsoft.com)
http://research.microsoft.com/~joebar
Phone, Office: (415) 778-8227; Cellular: (415) 601-3719; Home: (415)
588-4801
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and do
not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation.