Re: Fucking Clueless Political Analogies [ RE: From MSNB--Jobs in the spotlight ]

Mark Baker (markb@mrburns.iosphere.net)
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 23:52:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Joe Barrera wrote:
> I'm beginning to understand.
>
> Bill Gates is the Enemy, the great Satan, the Red (Yellow, Blue, Green)
> Menace, He who would make our Precious Bodily Fluids Impure.
>
> He must be stopped at all costs. Any friend of Bill's is a Zombie
> Puppet, a Stooge, a Fellow-Traveler.

Well, excuuuuse me for not wanting a monopoly.

> > "Reconciliation should be accompanied by justice, otherwise it will
> not
> > last. While we all hope for peace it shouldn't be peace at any cost
> but
> > peace based on principle, on justice." - Corazon Aquino
>
> I actually blushed in embarrassment for the author when I saw him
> quoting this.

I notice how you conveniently trimmed my qualifying statement. The
sentiment rung true, that's all. An analogy, it ain't.

BTW, you can call me "Mark".

MB

--
Mark Baker, Ottawa Ontario CANADA.                Java, CORBA, OpenDoc, Beans
distobj@acm.org mbaker@nortel.ca               http://www.iosphere.net/~markb

Too many dinosaurs, too few meteors - Seyma Atik