Is WISEN worth missing a personal invitation to Billg's house?

I Find Karma (adam@cs.caltech.edu)
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 14:31:19 -0700

Oh man... is there any way I can get a refund on my WISEN commitment?
I'm perusing the Web page

http://www.ics.uci.edu/IRUS/wisen/

and I'm not seeing how to cancel. I wanna cancel!! Yeah, in fact,
*ROHIT* can give my talk while I enjoy the company of Billg... :)

Oy. Why did they wait until 2 weeks before to tell me about this??
Did they pick this date on purpose because they knew I was gonna be out
of town at WISEN???

All my life I've had two dreams: 1) To bring Internet-scale event
notifications to the masses, and 2) To meet Billg. And now I find out
they're both happening on the same day, 1200 miles away from each
other??? Oh, the humanity!!!!

----
adam@cs.caltech.edu

I can't stop smiling, but I don't know why I'd want to, anyway.
-- Velocity Girl