Re: [FoRKcon] SoCal: Tonight @ Sid's, 8PM Newport Beach

Ron Resnick (
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 02:19:47 -0400 wrote:
> Oh, Ron,
> 1) It's WHETgrrl
> 2) I sign my posts "Geege" - which, non-conspiratorily, is my NAME
> 3) I promise not to rend the cosmic t-shirt

a) The Public/Private thing.
That had been an offline email. (For edification of all the rest
of you, It was originally targetted
to Rohit&Geege only). It's now archived on FoRK,
for the world to see, which hadn't been my choice.
Then again, there's nothing there
I'm terribly sensitive about - I stand by it all, esp.
the Sholom Aleichem part. Maybe "The Wise Men of Chelm"
can be revised and made gen-x hip as "The Wise Men/Women/Others
of FoRK"?

Geege, you might want to consider
the implications of forwarding others' bits on for them -
it's a subject that's received some not insignificant attention
on this list - check archives. Then again, _I_ might want to
consider what sort of privacy to expect when sending my mail
to perfect strangers. Let's call it a draw :).

b) The banditry continues. Your latest post, this very
one I'm responding to, is now in the archive as
bearing the name Paul Benninghoff. Poor Paul did nothing
more dastardly than muse a bit about the boredom of databases and why
declarative XML and declarative IDL is really nothing more
than a rehash of the declarative SQL we've had
for decades. Now, Paul is indelibly (unless Rohit takes
action quickly!) bound to your inpronounceable moniker:

> Paul Benninghoff (
> Tue, 14 Jul 1998 21:12:39 EDT

This is most unfair to both him and you, I'd suggest.

The trouble seems to be in your From: line - mail header shows:
> MMDF-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line
> at

You should fix this.
Since you use AOL as your mail client:

I can't tell you exactly how to do this, never having gone
near an AOL mailer, and not wanting to. But there should be
a straightforward way for you to to add your name so that
it gets inserted on your From header. "Add preferences",
"Configure Mail Options", or some such.