Re: UCI Mischeif

John M. Klassa (klassa@aur.alcatel.com)
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:27:08 -0400

GAB> The school's computer science program is ranked by students as
GAB> the second most popular major--up from fifth place five years
GAB> ago. High-paying entry-level jobs have been a major incentive
GAB> for students to enter the field, students say

Unfortunate, isn't it? Most of the people who are any good (in my
experience, anyway) are the ones who grew up tinkering with computers
(or calculators, JoeBar :-)) -- who grew up with Sinclair ZX-81s and
VIC-20s and Ataris and Commodore-64s... These days, many of the folks
in our business are those motivated entirely by $$$ rather than by the
coolness coefficient of working with 'puters.

--
John Klassa / Alcatel Telecom / Raleigh, NC, USA <><