Re: [Slate] American Religious fervor, by the numbers

Koen Holtman (Koen.Holtman@cern.ch)
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 18:44:59 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

[...]
> I just thought it was a clever analogy wrt the good and evil God thread,
> and might encourage a comment or two instead of some stickler.

I should probably have known better than to jump into this thread and
complain. I don't really care about this type of philosophy.

It is just that the only redeeming quality of mathematics is its
exactness. If you recast it into inexact language, it looses all value.
And I have spent enough time deriving joy from the exactness of
mathematics to get a bit upset when I see things like this being done to
it.

Koen.