Re: Citrix & ASPs

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endTECH.com)
Fri, 02 Jul 1999 13:44:30 -0700

Oh yeah, there was a big scandal with Citrix and Microsoft. Citrix
was supposed to be the NetPC, i.e. NC, but MSFT decided to FUD
the intiative and cut their funding or something. Mark Templeton is their CEO,
he's been touting their framework as an ERP alternative. "Apps on tap"
is how he describes them. Simpler, more focused, more modular applications
that are used on the Web. US Internetworking is a new-style Internet
Service Provider that provides applications on demand. They are teaming
with Portal Software [1] using their services to rent or lease software.
Citrix is supposed to be a competitor.

Greg

[1] http://www.portal.com/