Re: Satan

Kragen Sitaker (kragen@pobox.com)
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 19:05:36 -0400 (EDT)

Eugene Leitl writes:
> In my experience, religious persons with slightly open minds are a
> rare breed indeed. You, Sir, are negligeable.

He's not negligible for two reasons:
- there are a lot more of them than you think; it's just that the
people who are most *vocally* religious are the religious equivalent
of stereotypical used-car salesmen, and don't tend to have open
minds;
- the open-minded ones tend to be much more interesting. I mean,
spatially, my house covers a negligible part of the Earth, but it's a
very interesting part to me. :)

According to my medieval text in the seventh century a finalizer raised a
dead object named Gorth who infected every computer in Cappidocia ending
Roman rule in the region.  -- Charles Fiterman on gclist@iecc.com