Re: Satan Re: [Slate] American Religious fervor, by the numbers

Karl Anderson (kra@monkey.org)
05 Jul 1999 15:33:30 -0700

Eugene Leitl <eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de> writes:

> Karl Anderson writes:
>
> > > What's the point of attaching a face to the fitness function? It's
> > > certainly not science, and certainly anathema to the religious.
> >
> > "The religious"? That's a large group that you're accusing me of
> > offending. Are you saying that I'm offending you because of your
>
> Yes indeed.

I'm sorry that I offended you. It was not my intent. Honestly, I
would think that some of the ideas expressed in this thread would have
put it in your killfile before you got to me.

> You introduce a concept alien to both science/conventional faith.

Acknowledged on both counts, but I never claimed that I was
introducing science into this armchair morality session.

--
Karl Anderson      kra@monkey.org      <URL:http://www.pobox.com/~kra/>