Re: The new death penalty

Alexa Champion (alexa.champion@erols.com)
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 12:02:54 -0100

Greg wrote:

I can't
>say that I've read it, but it's on my reading list. I'm sure others on
>the list can fill in the blanks.

>[1] The Millionaire Next Door : The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671015206/o/qid=933781624/sr=2-2/00
2-4068635-9546037

I read it. Own it. Okay book. Quite simplistic notion, actually. The
book reminds me of something Suzy Orman would write. ;) Worth a read. But
they're saying that in order to be a "millionaire," one must sacrifice
everything. Drive a beat-up 1977 Chevy Malibu, never eat out, dress in
eight-year-old flannel shirts, and live in a blue-collar neighborhood. I
can do the last one, I mean, I current do it, no problem. If you have the
stomach for it, almost anyone can hit a mill, they say.