RE: MP3 Wireless

Dan Brickley (Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:03:31 +0100 (BST)

There's a lengthy Slashdot thread on this at
- consensus seems to be that it bypasses OS and lives on the analog side
of your soundcard. I asked the suppliers something similar myself couple
of days ago but have had no response. I'm hoping the dependency on
having RealJukebox (and '98) installed is only superficial...

BTW for those growing your own home-audio contraptions, take a look at
the MPEG::MP3Info Perl module in CPAN; you can use it to slurp the
meta fields (where present) from a heap of .mp3 files, ie.
title/album/genre/etc. if your CD-ripper has consulted CDDB or similar
service these fields should be filled out. Which gives you the raw
ingredients for your own 'jukebox' interface (even if only a tree of
HTML files...)

Dan