RE: Salton Sea

Lisa Dusseault (lisadu@exchange.microsoft.com)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:37:17 -0700

OK, more info.

http://www.nps.gov/crla/

Crater Lake, OREGON, national park, their site says that crater lake is
indeed very deep: the seventh-deepest lake, at 1,932 ft. deep. However, the
elevation of the park is 6,500 ft, so the bottom of the lake is easily above
sea level. It was created as a volcano imploded, pretty unusual conditions,
I would think. The lake looks very cool (literally and figuratively).

From

http://www.aquatic.uoguelph.ca/lakes/page2.htm

I learned:
- The deepest lake in Canada is Great Slave Lake, with a depth of 614 m.
Not quite as deep as crater lake (unless my rough conversion estimate is
wrong).
- There exist lakes which drain in two directions, such as Lake Wollaston,
Saskatchewan.
From

http://www.northwestwater.co.uk/stat1f.htm
I learned that The World's deepest lake is Lake Baykai (baikal)? in Central
Siberia, which is 1,940 m at its deepest point. Wow.

That's it for now. Gotta get dinner.

Lisa