Re: [RUMOR] Apple for sale?

Tim Byars (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 18:18:20 -0700

At 6:00 PM -0700 6/12/99, Joachim Feise wrote:
>http://computers.yahoo.com/computers/rumor/1999061201.html
>
>Acccording to third-party sources close to Apple and its
>Interim CEO, Steve Jobs, "Apple has been rebuilt in order to be sold." The
>story, as told by these close Apple confidants, rings true, even if Apple
>won't
>comment.

1. Steve Jobs has never worked for anyone in his life. I find it hard to
believe at 45 or whatever, he suddenly wants to have a boss to answer to.

2. Steve is a hardware guy. He gets off on it.

3. Steve settled for a company that sold what, 150, 000 units in it's
history? Apple is selling that many a week.

4. Steve still has Pixar AND has leverage with his reality spin distortion
field to attract content providers. http://www.apple.com.quicktime

5. A merger of Apple and Sony, or Disney isn't going to upset Microsoft in
the marketplace. So what is the point?

Tim

--

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... oh wait, he does.

<>tbyars@earthlink.net<>