Re: The Gateway Profile Computer

Steve Dossick (sdossick@cs.columbia.edu)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:53:11 -0400

Definetly the future of consumer devices. I note from a comparison
perspective that this unit uses a digital connection for the LCD panel to
the main unit (hardwired like a laptop). This is in contrast to the Sony
VAIO Slimtop
which uses an analog external connection to the base unit. Speaking from
experience, analog-connected LCDs suck the big donkey.

http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/jump/slimtop/

-s
P.S. Anyone want an analog-connected Viewsonic LCD display? Mine is
awaiting bidders at eBay right now :)

--On Thursday, June 17, 1999, 12:34 PM -0400 Janie Wilkins