Re: MIT-LCS / Students under NDAs...

Ian Andrew Bell (ibell@cisco.com)
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 09:12:09 -0700

--------------09608B6C1A630BCB8BBEEA83

Rohit's OCR software wrote:

> Mr. Kaashoek insists it was homework,
> not espionage: *'There's tons of eornmes
> in that space." But Mr. Leighton isn't so
> 8ure* "Frans was awaR! of uRt&Iywhat we
> are doing " he says, *'If Akama! d@> &&
> is& woukib have thought of this question?
> It% not cleai"
> What is clear isthat on many cam-puses*
> st&?nt jobs have come a long way
> from the days of busing tables in the cafe
> teria or checking the footnotes in a profes-sor's
> l?sear& project. A@ a$ the p@RnIts
> at Internet start-ups skyroe& tieof the
> conflicts these jobs present are as cutting-edge
> as the techno@y they develop.

Perhaps Kaashoek's next assignment could be to develop an OCR reader that
can decipher Times Rmn on a 5-degree angle.

I can't wait for speech-to-text on my voicemail server.. now THAT will be
entertaining.

-Ian.
.:|:..:|:.
--------------09608B6C1A630BCB8BBEEA83

begin:vcard
n:Bell;Ian
tel;pager:(800) 365-4578
tel;cell:(408) 921-4873
tel;fax:(781) 685-5915
tel;home:(408) 564-2523
tel;work:(408) 525-8630
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.cisco.com
org:Cisco Systems - Service Provider LOB;Packet Telephony Division
version:2.1
email;internet:ibell@cisco.com
title:Solutions Manager
adr;quoted-printable:version:2.1;;Building SJ-6/4=0D=0A375 East Tasman Drive ;San Jose;CA;95134;USA
note;quoted-printable:AOL Instant Messenger ID: ibell SJ=0D=0A=0D=0A
x-mozilla-cpt:;-8400
fn:Ian Andrew Bell
end:vcard

--------------09608B6C1A630BCB8BBEEA83--