Re: [Slate] American Religious fervor, by the numbers

Tim Byars (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 17:00:39 -0700

At 04:38 PM 7/1/99, Ernest Prabhakar wrote:

>Theologically speaking, one could even make a case that where the church is
>active, Satan is also more active, and the population gets more polarized.

Ernie,

Do you actually believe in Satan? I mean seriously, do you actually believe
there is the bad bad former angel that is locked in an eternal battle for
our souls?

The problem with the Satan myth is you can't show my one example in nature
of evil. So this horrible force is either too stupid, or dysfunctional to
use our environment against us in this battle.

Tim

--
I would never try to do production work on it;
That is like trying to perform brain surgery with garden tools.

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <> icq 3446996