Re: [Slate] American Religious fervor, by the numbers

Tim Byars (
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 20:22:57 -0700

At 10:21 AM 7/2/99, James Tauber wrote:
>>The natural order of things, the life cycle of things, are all good and in
>harmony with one another.
>This is one view.
>>We as man view the Volcano as bad because it wrecks our little houses and
>roads. We
>>see the tornado as bad, or the flood as bad. But they aren't.
>Why not?
>I think it is quite conceivable to have a consistent world view that
>considers these things to be bad and the result of evil in this world.

So you're saying that big bad Satan makes the Volcano erupt? That the
Prince of Darkness causes the floods?

wow, whatever works for you.

I would never try to do production work on it;
That is like trying to perform brain surgery with garden tools.
    ... me on Win'98

<> <> icq 3446996