Re: The Secret Diary of TRAVELMAN: the Sequel

Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Sun, 04 Jul 1999 10:25:22 -0400

Rohit Khare wrote:

> I bounded aboard
> that flight, cell-phone in hand as I winked at Steve Deering and
> headed back to my own seat. Only to be hauled back out by a very
> agitated Captain.
>
> "Have you already been warned about Federal regulations prohibiting
> cellphones onboard the aircraft at any time?!?"

Curiously enough, this sprang immediately to mind on this past week's
trip to Austin on Delta. On all four legs (Raleigh-Durham/Atlanta/
Ausit and reverse) the F/As pointedly said that cellphones *could* be
used as long as the loading hatch (!) was open, but then must
"be put in the 'off' position." (Turned off I can see, but what's
the 'off position' for an entire device?)

I was careful not to question, nor mention your name, Rohit; I
didn't want to chance being evicted. :->

--
#ken    P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/ASFD/>