Re: The Secret Diary of TRAVELMAN: the Sequel

Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 17:28:37 -0700 (PDT)

Rodent of Unusual Size writes:

> Ausit and reverse) the F/As pointedly said that cellphones *could* be
> used as long as the loading hatch (!) was open, but then must
> "be put in the 'off' position." (Turned off I can see, but what's
> the 'off position' for an entire device?)

I have no idea. Cellphones tend to periodically poll whether they can
see a new cell, and the hull acts as a waveguide focusing the HF in
the cockpit, possibly generatiging standing waves there. As a
cellphone is 2..5 W, and there might be several of them, this is no
small matter. Ditto for laptops. Btw: if laptops are allowed, why is
digital pulse radio still banned?