Re: Satan Re: [Slate] American Religious fervor, by the numbers

Grlygrl201@aol.com
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 03:17:12 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/99 11:13:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de writes:

<< Karl Anderson writes:

> the apple incident, I still think of Satan as being in charge of
> evolution. Without challenges, there'd be no reason for one mutant to
> do better than another.

What's the point of attaching a face to the fitness function? It's
certainly not science, and certainly anathema to the religious.

"We all make mistakes. When WE do it, it's called EVIL. When GOD does it,
it's called NATURE."

Jack Nicholson, as the Devil (Darryl) in "The Witches of Eastwick" (church
rant against women)