RE: [VOID] March Scoreboard

Jim Whitehead (ejw@ICS.uci.edu)
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 12:11:15 -0800

This is nothin'. There was a guy in my sister's high school class who
tried the brute force approach and asked out *everyone* in his class. Talk
about negative network effects! The value of asking out each girl
decreased over time, and undoubtedly went negative, as girls expected him
to ask, expected to say no, but would still be offended if he didn't ask.
On the other hand, it was amusing enough that I still remember it 15 years
later. And, I'll bet he has had no lack of dates in his life (post high
school :-)

- Jim

On Wednesday, March 04, 1998 11:57 AM, Rohit Khare
[SMTP:rohit@bordeaux.ics.uci.edu] wrote:
> From the I-don't-give-a-shit-if-it's-before-noon-where's-the-damn-tequila
Desk:

> Well, sure as quarterly estimated self-employment tax forms, it's time to
> tally up the take-home for the first two months of the year.
>
> [Did you know the overall Federal income tax burden has been steadily
> hovering at 9% for the last fifty years, after spiking from 1% during
> WWII? That the 40% overall burden is mainly SS (16%) and state and
sales?]