Cathay continues to cyberpromote

Rohit Khare (rohit@bordeaux.ICS.uci.edu)
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 18:45:38 -0800

Too bad I'm off ot Brisbane that weekend. It's quite a nice offer. True, it
*is* only the Kowloon Hyatt-- the Grand Hyatt on the island where I stayed
last May is the worldwide flagship, so it's tough competition.

I forward this as a sign of 1) how much the HK tourist market must be hurting
and 2) how Cathay is using its Cybertraveler direct marketig campaign to reach
its market. Remember, for them, US HK-bound travelers are a diffuse and
occasional market; they don't have the feeder network synergies of the US
majors.

On the other hand, this offer doesn't accumulate mileage...

:-)
Rohit

PS. Isn't a secret internet offer an oxymoron of some sort? And yet, if anyone
on FoRK really DID want to go to HK, this is pure mockery... it's only valid
for people named 'rohit khare'

PPS. Although I did, honest-to-goodness, meet a UCI extension computer
engineering student today by the name of *Rohita* -- She came over with her
husband a year ago and will soon be an ICS Master's student in the software
group...