Re: Bill Gates mentions Linux

spunkanado (tomwhore@interport.net)
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 22:36:48 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Seth Golub wrote:
> Bill Gates writes:
>
> > In other words, Microsoft gets no revenue except for innovation that
> > goes so far beyond what they already have that it's worth the
> > trouble to switch.
> But most people I know who upgrade MS Word do so because they can no
> longer read the files given to them by people who use the latest
> version. As long as there are people setting up new systems, there
> will be a market for whatever version MS chooses to sell.

So the fact that word 6 has drivers to read word 97 and beyond files
is something "most people" cant grasp? Or is it that "most people" are
sheep and like to stand in fields all day and bleet?

Maybe these are the same "most people" who dig waching commericals that
bleet Next on Jerry Springer "You put out products but Im too dumb to use
them"

Or maybe its just that even the best educated well spelling people
somethimes like to pretned they are Macho Man Randy Savage yelling down on
the corwds "HOGAN...Im coooooming to get ya "

:most people ----just say no