Re: Bill Gates mentions Linux

John M. Klassa (klassa@aur.alcatel.com)
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:13:42 -0500

[ I *just* got Dan's message, by the way... ]

DK> of Windows. In other words, Microsoft gets no revenue except for
DK> innovation that goes so far beyond what they already have that
DK> it's worth the trouble to switch. I should have asked why they
DK> didn't choose LINUX or OS/2 or Macintosh--was it because of some
DK> capacity restriction or simply because they thought Windows with
DK> all the applications we have evangelized is the best choice.

At this point, it's inertia. It's not about innovation (if it ever
was)... It's about the fact that switching from Windows to something
else, for the vast majority of users, is more painful to consider than
is a future spent using Microsoft products.

IMHO, anyway.

--
John Klassa / Alcatel Telecom / Raleigh, NC, USA <><