Re: Subscribe

mdm8@cornell.edu
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 00:18:04 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 WILKINS@hws.edu wrote:

> I am short on stature (hovering just below the five foot mark), but I make up
> for this with charm, wit and intelligence. I am a Canadian citizen who
> currently lives and works in upstate NY. I take exception to the rule

Damn it. Just as I was beginning to enjoy my status as the upstate NYer
on the list. Guess that reinforces my decision to move somewhere else.
I have nothing against Canadians, but anyone who *chooses* to live in
upstate NY... that's another story altogether.

And since this post seems less bitful than it originally planned to be,
I'll make pointless connections to old posts about swing music.
Yesterday I finally convinced the music shop in Manhattan that had
promised me a discount to live up to their promise and picked up two new
swing discs: Dem Brooklyn Bums Big Band, and a compilation: New York City
Swing. DBB(etc) is swing with a definite Italian Brooklyn influence.
Cool, but put it at the end of your wish list. Ditto on the comp. There
are some very good songs, but you need to sort through all the bad ones.
Sort of like some mailing lists...

-Mike