Re: Home pages

Lloyd Wood (L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 19:53:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Dan Kohn wrote:

> TBL told me once that a home page was always meant to be your own
> assortment of links (bookmarks, basically), not something you would
> necessarily publish for anyone to see.

If only

~/.netscape/bookmarks.html

was _everyone's_ home page. I can't think of an easier way of getting
the basic idea of HTML any better than watching 'Add bookmark' do
something visible in front of you, and as a page it's far more
manageable, useful, and intuitive than a popup menu IMO. (obrant:
history as a popup menu path! All backtracks get pruned! useless! just
what do you expect from the people who brought you forms!)

> Any thoughts for improvements or additions.

I'd want as many traceroute interfaces to as many different places as
possible - but web-interfaced unix traceroutes seem to be a bit of
rarity for security reasons.

Oh, and

http://www.merccenter.com/columnists/barry/

L.