RE: 100% Java Web browser

David Crook (dcrook@commwerks.com)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 18:09:15 -0800

At 05:44 PM 3/23/99 -0800, Tom Whore wrote:
>On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, David Crook wrote:
>
>--]Sorry, but you must know at least this much ---------------->
>--]before you are allowed on the world wide web.
>--]Try reading a book and coming back later.
>
>While I agree with the sentiment in general, i have seen real world
>examples of folks growing up thru experience. In an environment like the
>one a lot of office folks are in , doing HTML now has replaced doing WP.
>People who were one time paper pushers are now being called on to make Web
>PAges. Do we tell them all "go away until you can reach this high on the
>Chucky Chese sign"? Does anyone even have that sort of authority?

Funny, the people who make C compilers don't seem to have that quandary. I
think it encourages people to learn proper coding faster. Now perl on the
other hand is more lenient and lots of people never learn how to write
proper programs in perl which is a lot different than learning how to write
working perl programs. Just ask the poor slob that has to maintain them
later.

If you don't force them to learn, they aren't. So we are going to be stuck
with bloated browsers because to many people are to clue-impaired to
recognize the </td> tag that just bit them. It validates my basic
elitist-misanthropic philosophy.

Now when I write perl programs with all the variables and comments written
in Klingon, Latin or Sanskrit, its because I'm an evil bastard, not because
I'm a poor programmer.

Dave

---
David Crook - davec@commwerks.com
CommWerks - Industrial Strength Internet Solutions