RE: Apple Sauce

Kragen Sitaker (kragen@pobox.com)
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 07:24:09 -0500 (EST)

Tim Byars writes:
> Shut the fuck up, take it like a man and deal withit. Show me one other
> 5+ billion $$$ company that is even trying.

IBM. Gateway. Dell. Corel (?). Oracle (?). Inprise (?).

But the point is, it's better to have 5+b$ companies that don't try at
all than 5+b$ companies that try, but don't get it. It's one thing to
have almost-free software being passed off as free by some bozo in high
school; it's much more dangerous to have almost-free software being
passed off as free by 5+b$ companies.

We are forming cells within a global brain and we are excited that we might
start to think collectively.  What becomes of us still hangs crucially on
how we think individually.  -- Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the Web