* firstname.lastname@example.org writes:
* Ummm... Tim, I suppose it is interesting to hear about the demise of
* yet another Apple marketing failure. ("Pippin! It's a really low cost
* home computer! Oh, it's too feeble to run even home user software?
* That's OK, it's really a multimedia game player! Ummm... that puts us
* in the Nintendo space and we're too expensive to compete there as
* well? I got it now! It's a Network Computer! This time fer sure!!")
* However, I'm not sure why the pull quote was...
* > * The toy became an instant hit after its debut in November, with
* > *reaching about five million units.
* when the toy referred to in the quote is the Tamagotchi, Bandai's
* wildly popular electronic pet surrogate (a remarkably Phildickian
* product --- do androids dream of electric... canaries?)
Ooops.... just skimmed the article. Sorry
There is no off position on the genius switch. ...David Letterman
<> email@example.com <>