NetAction Alert: Don't Be Soft On Microsoft. :)

Robert S. Thau (rst@ai.mit.edu)
Tue, 13 May 1997 15:08:22 -0400 (EDT)

I. Find Karma writes:
> [From NetAction, and I figured I'd pass it on... I'm not sure it's fair
> to compare Bill Gates to Rockefeller or Carnegie, because those guys
> donated a lot of their money back to the communities they robbed in the
> first place... -- Adam]

Awwwww... give poor Billy a chance. Carnegie, at least, only started
tossing bushels of money at worthy causes after he got out of the
business (so his career as robber baron divides into robber and baron
phases with, IIRC, not all that much overlap).

Gates has always said that's his plan as well, and he has made a few
charitable donations already. Why not give him the benefit of the
doubt?

Particularly when there are so many *better* reasons to loathe him...

rst