RE: Techno

Joe Barrera (joebar@MICROSOFT.com)
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 09:42:28 -0700

Tim, yes, I agree that Joy Division is (was) God-like, BUT, I wasn't
listing all my favorite dark rock groups, I was trying to come up with
useful suggestions for LOUD REPETITIVE SYNTHETIC music.

In particular, the original request mentioned music to play at the
Gym... this implies music that pumps you up, not music that makes you
want to lie down and die.

Look, okay, I'll finally do what I've been resisting doing... I'm going
to type up my whole stupid collection. That way you can't say, "but what
about Nine Inch Nails? What about Ministry? What about..."

- Joe (black jeans and black Joy Division tee-shirt) Barrera

Different colors, different shades,
Over each, mistakes were made -
I took the blame.
Direction lost, so plain to see,
A loaded gun won't set you free,
Or so you say.

Joseph S. Barrera III (joebar@microsoft.com)
http://research.microsoft.com/~joebar
Phone, Office: (415) 778-8227; Cellular: (415) 601-3719; Home: (415)
588-4801