Re: Patty Murray's "childsafe internet act" -- ugh!

Fawn404@aol.com
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:02:16 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 6/27/97 5:26:12 PM, BAISLEY@FNDCD.FNAL.GOV (I'm not a real
doofus, but I play one at a national laboratory.) wrote:

>> My bill seeks to bring together the interests and concerns of parents
>
>So, cut to the chase and make it a criminal offense for parents to let
>unsupervised children use computers, read Goosebumps, play with matches,
>Let's make bad parenting illegal!
>
> Cheers,
> Wayne

I was just saying something like that the other day to a friend of mine. I
couldn't agree more! It's amazing to me that you have to be a certain age to
drink and vote and you have to have a license to drive, etc., but anyone can
reproduce and call themselves a parent. Well said. Way to go, Wayne!