Re: Welcome!, Stephen Petschualt

CobraBoy! (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Tue, 01 Jul 1997 13:11:01 -0700

At 03:48 PM 7/1/97 -0400, Rohit Khare wrote:

>From: Stephen Petschulat <stephenp@sparky.oroad.com>
>Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 09:56:17 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Rohit,
>
>I heard about your list on the dist-obj maillist, so I thought I'd check it
>out. For some perverse reason, I would like to join. My qualifications: I
>read the entire damned FAQ. I wonder how many people on the FoRK list can
>actually claim that?!?

Most all of us. We have incredibly large ego's on this list and we enjoy
reading about ourselves during coffee breaks or other moments lacking in
sufficient inspiration. As a matter of fact Bill Gates was denied member
ship not because of the third rate software his company produces, but
because his ego didn't quite "measure up" so to speak.

>Seriously though, after looking over your recommended reading list I came to
>the conclusion that no matter how strange the list looked, with that much
>shared context I would undoubtedly find it interesting. I was however,
>disturbed by the lack of McLuhan on the reading list - aren't any of the
>FoRKers McLunatics?

Oh, that is an easy one. We FoRKers hate caniadians. When they stop
referring to the Americans as being from "south of the boarder" maybe we'll
change our collective minds.

>cheers,
>
>- steve

I see by your web site your well versed in HTML authoring apps. So how
about weighing in with your first post and tell us your opinion of the PoP
Site warez.

Tim

--

Any sufficiently repeatable miracle is indistinguishable from mundane technology. ... Microsoft Advanced OS Scientist on Win'95 actually running.