Re: Compliance

David Crook (dcrook@commwerks.com)
Tue, 05 May 1998 22:56:26 -0700

John Boyer wrote:

> Forget 2K compliance! What about the more pressing 10K problem!
> I thought this was a joke when I first saw it. But it is in the Financial
> Times
> http://www.ft.com and made a few papers around the US. Still, I think it's
> insignificant,
> compared to the armadillo crisis in Texas. Not to mention the beaver
> problem in Alabama.
> Johnboy
>
> [from financial times]
> BANKS: Digital alert as Dow nears 10,000 mark
> By Paul Taylor in London

> He advised banks and other organisations that use stock
> exchange data to set up a crisis management team immediately to identify
> whether they were vulnerable to the DJIA 10,000 problem. "Teams should
> behave as though the barrier could be breached tomorrow," said Mr Kyte.

Does this mean they should embezzle what they can out of their company,
convert it into gold, crude oil or cocaine and flee to a country without
extradition laws? That would be my plan if I had that kind of problem
to fix and I was told to "behave as though the barrier could be breached
tomorrow".

Dave