Session Invitation Protocol in last call...

I Find Karma (adam@cs.caltech.edu)
Thu, 14 May 1998 11:25:56 -0700

In case anyone else on FoRK wants to comment on SIP before it gets
issued as a standard...

> From schooler@liszt.cs.caltech.edu Thu May 14 11:14:17 1998
> To: adam@cs.caltech.edu
> Subject: SIP (session initiation protocol)
>
> most of the time i've been at caltech, i've been
> involved in the design of a control protocol for
> internet teleconferencing, i.e., a protocol to initiate
> and coordinate "sessions" composed of multiple people
> using multiple media. its official name is sip, for session
> initiation protocol.
>
> at long last, the protocol has emerged as a (we hope)
> completed draft document and is on its way to "last call",
> a review period before it gets issued as a standard.
>
> if you would like to read it and contribute comments,
> now is the time!
>
> http://www.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-05.{ps,txt}
>
> if you might like to read more about it in general,
> have a look at:
>
> http://www.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip/
>
> thanks,
> e.

----
adam@cs.caltech.edu

Frequently Asked Questions for Etch-A-Sketch Technical Support

Q: My Etch-A-Sketch has all of these funny little lines allover the screen.