Re: bits vs. barfs; the Straight Dope

Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Tue, 19 May 1998 16:17:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 19 May 1998, Charles Kerr wrote:

> Looks like we're back to stage 5 on the mailing list
> life cycle.
>
> Tom, we fork bits here, not barfs. Could you
> please move this garbage to an .advocacy newsgroup
> or ZDNN "talkback" section where it belongs?

Where it belongs? where it belongs. Lets mull this phrase over a little,
shall we.

Yea, maybe I do tend to post things with a bit too much personal spin on
em. Yea, maybe i dont have a hand full of urls to back up things Im
saying. So i guese that just makes it all something not worth
reading...ouch, im hurt. Some one help me up, Ive fallen over from the
shame of being me.

I am sory. I forgot some folks on the list seem to need validation of
thier ideas before they can intergrate, or is that bundle, them into thier
own thought space. I forgot that unless you spoon feed the kiddes they
might barf up on the meaty parts. Mea Culpa.

Actualy, Im not goona flamer yer buttt like a slab of ribs over at tenese
reds,
http://katu.citysearch.com/E/V/PDXOR/0007/22/07/

instead ill be nice and offer you some advice on how youll never have to
hear of me or my barfbits again.
http://eng.hss.cmu.edu/fiction/the-double.txt

You could join AOL where they have a Tos plan so you can get folks who are
"nasty and mean and barfy" kicked off.
http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/orgs/american/aol/aol-tos

OR you could just filter me out. Yea, that would be better,. You could
simply turn me off like a tap of Guinnes in an AA meeting.
http://www.junkbusters.com/

OR you could post away nice safe unpersonal stuff like CEcil and the like.
Nothing wrong with Cec, i dog the column alot , by the way.
(you already got that url)

OR Oh i dont know, you could maybe realize that somefolks have thoughts
and opinons on subjects that are not classifed away to some predefined
pidgeon hole or supported by a reffernce list.
(no url provided)

(why is it that even in this advanced age of things folks just cant talk
along , disagree at times, have varied ways of experssion and just I dont
know... why cant we all just get along? is that so wrong?
http://www.plump.com/hfliner.htm)