Re: Anarchy, libertarianism, and monopoly

Dr. Ernest N. Prabhakar (ernest@drernie.scruz.net)
Wed, 20 May 98 07:38:52 -0700

Hi Jeff,

Maybe you can explain something that's always bothered me. I've =
always assumed anarchy meant "a state of no restrictions where everyone =
can do what they want." However, history has seemed to show that what =
people want to do is organize themselves into societies to avoid =
anarchy. Particularly since anarchy (at least in the popular sense) =
tends to degenerate into tribalism or warlords...

This is the same problem. Companies naturally form monopolies if they =
can. What sort of structure would anarchists use to prevent the =
forming of structures they dislike? And how do they make that =
self-consistent?

-- Ernie P.

You wrote:
> Inspired by our recent debate, I went back and reread "Anarchy, =
State,