Protected archive Re: [SPAM] Re: Surfree

Dr. Ernest N. Prabhakar (ernest@drernie.scruz.net)
Wed, 3 Jun 98 08:36:14 -0700

Ah, but you forget that FoRK's primary method of reproduction nowadays =
is from people hitting the archive and being sucked in by one tidbit or =
other. And that one of the reasons for the list's existence is to =
explore the evolution of a electronic community in the fishbowl of a =
public archive.

Protecting the archive 'a priori' is equivalent to putting up a 'no new =
members' sign. We'd only get people who already know someone else, =
which is hardly any fun at all.

Viva the new blood!

-- Ernie P.