Re: [VOID] Carpe diem.

Steven Bondi (sbondi@mindspring.com)
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 23:23:03 -0500

At 03:42 PM 12/9/98 -0800, you wrote:
>The Extremely Egocentric History of the Universe up until now: On this
>day 30 years ago, the mouse every one of us is probably using to click
>on this very message was born. A year later, I was....

>26. I called my car insurance company and updated the status of my wife
>and I and our vehicles. We also signed up for renter's insurance and
>bought a firebox. We signed up for credit card protection from loss,
>theft, and fraud, too. And, I am seriously considering sending Caltech
>the $500 to buy my lifelong email address, rifkin@alumni.caltech.edu
>(I'm an alumnus once for my Master's Thesis, but I still have one to
>go... :)

I think its wonderful that you had an epiphany. Every thing you
said is wonderful except one thing: Any credit card protection you have to
pay for is a rip off. You are protected for all fraudulent charges in
excess if $50 per card, plus any charges that occur after you report the
theft. Not to mention the fact most companies won't charge you anyway.
Take that money and put it in DISABILITY INSURANCE. That's very worthwhile.

You are one of my favorite people -- I'm glad you're happy!!!

-Steve