Re: Bluetooth group clashes with Microsoft

Mark Baker (distobj@acm.org)
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 00:53:38 -0500

At 10:52 PM 12/7/98 +0200, Ron Resnick wrote:
>Questions to those who track bluetooth -
>
>1. Why would the FAA disapprove? FCC involvement
>I could understand, in terms of allocated frequency bands,
>but why FAA?

Because these devices will be carried onto planes.

>2. Why *doesn't* it specify IP for packet comms? Is there
>a reasonable answer to this, or is this really as stupid as it
>sounds?

It's not as clear cut as *does* or *doesn't*, unfortunately. I'm still
figuring it all out.

Mark "Survived an earthquake and a blackout in a 5 day Bay area tour" Baker

--
Mark Baker    Personal Apps Lead, Sun Microsystems
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA         http://www.sun.com