Re: [LA Times] Online Sellers See Unexpected Trend: Loyalty.

Ian Andrew Bell (
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 16:05:41 -0800

I Find Karma wrote:

> This LA Times article makes a great point: sure, I could shop around for
> the cheapest CD on the Web, but the difference is probably gonna be like
> a dollar. A dollar just isn't worth the time searching for the bargain.
> Let me just click, click, click on Amazon and be done with it.

I think that the more compelling reason for customers here is not just
convenience, but also familiarity. In other words, using is
like using computer software. Why would I want to bother with the
inconvenience of having to learn all new software just to buy one CD?
Once I hook into CDNOW and become comfortable with their visual
environment, I have neither the time nor the inclination to go off and
try to learn how MusicBLVD works.

Also, the inconvenience of having to create a new profile and re-enter
my billing stuff is a pain, so why bother? Maybe companies like eWallet
will make this inconvenience into less of a factor, but right now I
think people just don't wanna have the same experience they did back
when they finally ditched WordPerfect for MS Word (or in Tim's and my
Father's cases, Nisus Writer).

Ian Andrew Bell
Business Development Manager 408.525.8630
Global Alliances Partners Engineering 800.365.4578
Cisco Systems Inc. .:|:..:|:.