Re: ml.org gone for good

Tim Byars (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 09:36:07 -0800

At 11:24 PM -0800 12/18/98, Joachim Feise put forth the following:

> Tim Byars wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> Well that is usually the cause of most failures. (Pilot error is 82% of all
>> plane crashes)
>
> Pilot error actually is 78% of all accidents, according to the NTSB
> (http://www.ntsb.gov/Publictn/1998/ARG9801.pdf, Annual Review of Aviation
> Accident Data - U.S. General Aviation, Calendar Year 1995):
> Seventy-eight percent of pilots involved in accidents were cited as either a
> cause or
> contributing factor; in fatal accidents, 87 percent of pilots were cited. The
> environment

Your really going to argue the 4% point? Let me rephrase my statement.

Well that is usually the cause of most failures. (Pilot error is 87% of all
fatal accidents)

That should make everyone feel better.

Tim

--

Happy Holidays! And the best of New Years...

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>