Re: DARPA, NAI, and Munchkins

Ron Resnick (resnick@interlog.com)
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 20:34:10 +0200

Keith Dawson wrote:

> The InfoSec News list carried this story from IDG, URL not given. Here's
> the salient bits; entire story below.
>
> - - - - -
>
> ...DARPA is also working on a program, dubbed "Active Networks," which
> is seen as an interim step towards the next-generation 'Net, Benze
> said. The program envisions improving today's Internet infrastructure
> to provide for more flexible and dynamic loading and routing, she said.

old bits. very old. What's the penance for someone of Keith's
stature?

Try
http://xent.ics.uci.edu/FoRK-archive/spring97/0411.html
for an earlier FoRK reference. dist-obj archives are literred with them
-
actively routed packets and mobile bytecodes go hand-in-hand, of
course.

A good place to start for projects doing actual
active network research is UPenn switchware project.
Another I recall looking at was at UArizona.

Ron