Re: Postel's country code list

Gerald Oskoboiny (
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:03:22 -0500

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 09:30:40AM -0800, Mark Kuharich wrote:
> I'm trying to track down the List that Jon Postel used to designate
> geographic country codes for top level domain names.

I had this bookmarked as:

but now that's a 404.

Grr... haven't any of these people actually tried using the Web
and been frustrated by broken links? How can they willingly
inflict this pain on others?, please read:

Cool URIs don't change

and please fix all those links you've broken by either restoring
the documents you removed, or adding redirects to your server.

IANA's country-codes list is also available here:

> Does the International Signage Organization really exist or is it really
> the International Standards Organization? Does the ISO Document 3156
> really exist? Does anyone have a URL to this or any equivalent document?
> If you don't have a URL, pointers to any other resources are fine. points to
which points to

ISO 3166 Maintenance Agency (ISO 3166/MA)

ISO 3166-1: The Code List

Gerald Oskoboiny <>