FW: permission

Larry Masinter (masinter@parc.xerox.com)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:33:29 PST

I'm going off-ForK for a while, just to take a break from
email, so just a bit of history...

-----Original Message-----
From: Natalia Syracuse [mailto:nsyracus@ietf.org]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 1999 10:30 AM
To: masinter@parc.xerox.com
Cc: nsyracus
Subject: permission

Mr. Masinter,

we need your permission to process this draft as http WG.

The authors are D. Box, G.Kakivaya and ....

The title is "SOAP: Simple Object Access Protocol".
The abstract is:

SOAP defines an RPC mechanism using XML for client-server
interaction across a network by using the following mechanisms:
* HTTP as the base transport
* XML documents for encoding of invocation requests and responses

Thank you for your time.

Natalia Syracuse

> we need your permission to process this draft as http WG.

The HTTP working group has asked to close, and is not accepting
any new work.

> The authors are D. Box, G.Kakivaya and ....
>
> The title is "SOAP: Simple Object Access Protocol".
> The abstract is:
>
> SOAP defines an RPC mechanism using XML for client-server
> interaction across a network by using the following mechanisms:
> * HTTP as the base transport
> * XML documents for encoding of invocation requests and responses

This document has not been discussed on the HTTP working group
and should be processed as an individual submission.

Larry